The Pause - Day 5/14

Today is my Grandmother's wake. She died one week ago today. I have not shed any tears or felt bad about her passing. I can't tell if it's because I have already grieved or if it doesn't feel real. Probably a combination of both. I felt like I lost her a long time ago when Pop-Pop died and Aunt Nancy became her gate keeper. Shortly after, the dementia started. Last night, my mom said she couldn't remember the names of some of the folks she expected to see at the funeral, and that worried me. I know in my heart she has already showed signs of dementia herself. And maybe I do too. 

I am feeling okay about taking care of myself today, mostly because the scale showed movement when I treated myself with respect. However, I have less energy / motivation than yesterday. The "shoulds" are creeping in. Instead of discovery, I already have set expectations that I should be meeting. What will I accomplish today?

  • Will I respond to everyone who reaches out to me? 
  • Will I exert enough physical activity, and 
  • will I complete enough yoga modules? 
  • Will I help Tim with plane tickets, and
  • will I get the house ready for Tim to visit? 
  • Will I support everyone enough during the funeral today.
  • Will I find another way to work? 
  • Will I stay in my job?
But I need to remind myself that my worth is not rooted in my productivity. 
MY WORTH IS NOT ROOTED IN MY PRODUCTIVITY. 
This time is specifically for me to rest. To find ground for my feet to stand on.



When I think of my Raleigh home, I think of grayness and smallness. Like I'm enclosed and held back. Everywhere is populated and I can't ever have space. But ironically I don't feel that way at the house in Conway. I know that I like having the bedroom upstairs, because I feel safe and isolated. I can tell that the warm weather (60-70s) has a direct positive impact on my mood. I also really like this house. It is in a neighborhood I like to walk in, and near lots of outdoor spots to get my nature in with Piper. The beach is close by, and the pool is down the street. If my parents found another home suitable for them, I would move here right away. 

I think I might need to leave Raleigh and move back to myrtle beach. What job can I set myself up with to do that? I can certainly teach yoga here, but it won't give me health insurance.

I'll do the best I can today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

who am I?

So This Is It?

I earned this.