So This Is It?
As I sit here with my Piper by my side I think, So, this is it? This is life. I have been striving so hard my as long as I can remember for the next best thing. To be better. For greatness. But I'm sitting here alone on my porch in my low-level apartment. I don't have a partner and lately I don't want one. No kids and none on the horizon. I've got some close friends and family, but all with their own lives. I've got a job that I mostly like but will take as much as it can. So I sit and contemplate how grateful I am for my sweet dog and a family that hasn't completely fucked me. I inhale the grass and focus on the distant sounds of train whistles and city traffic. There is a slight breeze. So, this is it?

Comments
Post a Comment